The Path to Public Service at SEAS

Should Supreme Court Justices Have Term Limits? That ‘Would Be Fine,’ Breyer Says at Harvard IOP Forum

Harvard Right to Life Hosts Anti-Abortion Event With Students For Life President

Harvard Researchers Debunk Popular Sleep Myths in New Study

Journalists Discuss Trump’s Effect on the GOP at Harvard IOP Forum

Flying Club Takes Second Place in Initial Air Meet

Nelson and Davis, Both Freshmen, Take Second Place in Bombing

Harvard's airmen took second place Saturday afternoon in the first New England Intercollegiate Air Meet, held in Northampton. The flyers from Amherst were the winners of the meet, while Dartmouth held third place.

Only three of the four scheduled events were run off, darkness forcing the elimination of the feature event, the ten-mile race. The spot-landing, balloon-bursting, and bombing contests only were held.

In the bombing Arthur W. Nelson '38, pilot, and J. Keith Davis '38, observer, finished up in second position, while Wilbur L. Cummings, Jr. '37, was the only other Harvard man to take a place, grabbing third in the balloon bursting.

There were 30 planes at Northampton representing seven colleges including Smith, which failed to come into the point column. Besides the colleges Yale, M.I.T., Brown, and Norwich were represented.

Amherst was the favored college in the meet, but dropping the ten-mile race hurt Harvard's chances. The six men who represented Harvard are: Cummings, Davis, Nelson, who placed, and John H. Bartol '36, Linn Bollinger 1G.B., Ignatius Sargent '37, and George Fox '37, who was favored to win the race.