CINDERMEN FAVORED TO BREAK ELI TRACK JINX

BROWN TO ATTEMPT REVENGE FOR DEFEAT IN POLE VAULT

A jinx of twenty years will be broken Saturday if the Varsity Tracksters live up to expectations and beat the Elis, for two decades have passed since the Crimson cindermen have topped the Blue in Eli territory.

Barring upsets, Harvard should gain a 15 point margin over the Yale team, for the Cantabridgians will be at full strength for the tussle.

Milt Green will be back in uniform to make two or three places secure. Eddie Farrell has entered Emile Dubiel in four events: the pole vault, broad jump, high jump, and javelin, and he could place in two of them.

Keith Brown may reach great heights in the pole vault as he seeks revenge for a sore defeat from Dubiel at the heptagonals and looks ahead to the coming IC4A games.

More Farrellisms to baffle the Eli prognosticators have crept into the pregame lineups; in the 800 he has listed 5 men, headed by Tony Bliss, and ending with Captain Jack Scheu as alternate. Both are also entered in the 1500, which they regularly run.

Led by Bliss, Johnny Dorman, and Bill O'Connor, Harvard might sweep the 800 over Ryan, Yale half miler who took second against Princeton last Saturday. In any case Harvard should sweep the 1500, if Scheu and Bliss both run it, as they probably will. Bob Woodward is good for a place over Yale's best.