NEW REGULATIONS HELP COACH DICK HARLOW'S ELEVEN

Distribution Changes and Absence of Midyear Probation Go to Cheer Up Football Coach

Coach Dick Harlow's heart, now peacefully resting, we hope, down in Maryland, must have taken a turn for the better last week as the college came out with the announcement of the new language requirements and the revelation that the new distribution requirements would apply to the Class of 1936 and subsequent classes.

From one in good authority it was learned last night that the new ruling of the college, which demands only a reading knowledge of one modern language would save more than half the members of the 1935 football squad, otherwise ineligible to compete for the Varsity. In the old days, when Harvard demanded two languages and put the failures on probation, the football squad was the hardest hit by the regulation.

No definite figures have been preferred by the Dean's office to indicate just what proportion of the 1935 gridiron outfit has profited by the new requirements, but the word of reputable authority would place the number at a round sum. The fact of no probation at midyears and the added grace of revised language and distribution requirements have all gone to help Coach Harlow's cause in building up a creditable Harvard football team next fall.