The Path to Public Service at SEAS

Should Supreme Court Justices Have Term Limits? That ‘Would Be Fine,’ Breyer Says at Harvard IOP Forum

Harvard Right to Life Hosts Anti-Abortion Event With Students For Life President

Harvard Researchers Debunk Popular Sleep Myths in New Study

Journalists Discuss Trump’s Effect on the GOP at Harvard IOP Forum

VARSITY EIGHT GOES FOR EASY 11-MILE WORKOUT

Freshman Boats Defeat Varsities on Thames--Chace Opens Old Wound on Hand; Elected '38 Captain

With a light workout of 11 miles after the successful time trial of Tuesday, the Crimson Varsity eight will tune up for the 73rd annual Yale contest with a regular row today and a light, four-mile workout tomorrow. Coach Charlie Whiteside says there will be no further changes and that his men are in fine condition. The squad and its supporters at Red Top are resting neither over-confident or despondent, basing their hopes on their three-pounds-per-man-heavier boat and the final time made Tuesday.

Ed Leader did not give his Varsity a time trial yesterday although Crimson scouts were suspicious when his shell went the four miles at 5 o'clock.

Both Bert Haines and Bob Butler, however, raced their Freshman crews, with the Eli Yearlings going two miles against the Blue Jayvees while the Crimson eights went over the course separately. In each case the Freshman crew took the Junior Varsity, Bert Haines's shell bettered the time made by the Whiteside boat by two seconds, making it in 9:44, and the Eli yearlings won over the Varsity by one length in 9:43.

Chace, stroke of the Freshman shell, was elected captain and shortly afterward opened the wound on his hand by striking it against an outrigger, but Bert says that the injury will not prevent him from pulling the pacing sweep on Friday.