SINGERS AND PLAYERS IN DEMAND NEXT WEEK

GLEE CLUB UNDER DIRECTION OF G. WALLACE WOODWORTH '24

Members of the Business School and other departments of the University are eligible for trials in the Harvard Glee Club and The Pierian Sodality of 1808, the University orchestra, which will be held during the next week.

The Glee Club is judged to be one of the finest in the country and gives a series of concerts every year which includes one with the Boston Symphony Orchestra and another, under the supervision of Olin Downs, in Philadelphia. Several of the better known preparatory schools and Wellesley and Vassar are also included on the regular schedule.

The Club was started more than 75 years ago and is now under the direction of G. Wallace Woodworth '24 who last year succeeded Archibald T. Davison '06, associate professor of Music and conductor of the Club for the previous 22 years.

As the oldest musical organization in the United States, the Pierian Sodality of 1808 has a long list of concerts and makes several trips during the year to other colleges and as the guest of other musical groups, besides playing at local clubs and auditoriums. It is under the direction of Malcolm H. Holmes '28.

Glee Club trials will be held in Sever 11 on Thursday and Friday from 7 to 9 o'clock while the Sodality will hold its trials on Wednesday and Thursday at 7:15 in the Music Building.