Over 1000 Freshmen Will Register as Harvard Begins 300th Academic Year

Upperclass Registration Will Begin Tomorrow, Continuing Through Monday

This morning the gates of the Harvard Yard will open to admit over 1000 entering Freshmen coming from every section of the United States.

With the start of registration in Memorial Hall at 10 o'clock Harvard College will have swung into action for the 300th academic year. Today the college will be given over to the Freshmen, and over the weekend a series of meetings and receptions have been arranged to help the Freshmen become familiar with their new surroundings.

Tomorrow morning the members of the upper classes will begin to arrive, and by Monday evening registration will be complete in all departments. In some of the Graduate Schools preliminary registration is also scheduled for today and tomorrow. The Graduate School of Business Administration opened yesterday with registration for all first year students.

The size of the Freshman class will be approximately that of last year, although it was stated at the Dean's Office that a slightly increased number of withdrawals on account of finances has reduced the number. Latest reports have it that 1010 new Freshmen and about 40 dropped Freshmen will appear.

REGISTRATION DATES

First year business men registering today will be the first to enter any department of the University. Other dates are as follows:

Friday:

College Freshmen.

Dental, third and fourth year men.

Medical, first year men.

Public Health.

Saturday:

College Upperclassmen.

Law, first year men.

Monday:

Business, second year men.

College Upperclassmen.

Architecture.

Graduate Arts and Sciences.

City Planning.

Dental, first and second year men.

Divinity.

Education.

Engineering.

Law Upperclassmen.

Medical Upperclassmen.

Tuesday:

Education (until Monday, September 30).