FINAL 1937, 1938 COMPETITIONS TO COMMENCE TODAY

Outline of Candidate's Work Will Be Described by Ballantine--Actual Work Begins Tomorrow

The final 1937 and 1938 competitions for the four boards of the CRIMSON will open at 7.30 o'clock tonight with a meeting at the Building, 14 Plympton Street.

The general nature of a candidate's work will be outlined by Arthur A. Ballantine, Jr. '36, President, and the specific details of the different competitions will be explained by Stanley C. Salmon '36, Managing Editor; Henry V. Poor '36, Editorial Chairman; Merritt K. Ruddock '36, Business Manager; and Philip L. Nightingale '37, Photographic Chairman.

The actual work of the competitions which end two days after the Yale game will not begin until tomorrow afternoon. At that time a news candidate will receive a few assignments which will throw him into contact with the ordinary workings of the College. Later on, he will be on the trail of more difficult stories which will take him into the "cellars" of official domiciles and far afield into the environs of Boston.

The business men will become acquainted with the advertisers in the Square and will gain a thorough knowledge of the day to day financial end of the paper. His training in a few weeks will give him access to the big moguls who control the large advertising firms.

The Editorial competition demands one editorial a day. While individual ideas count for a good deal, a man is given plenty of contact with situations which aid his imagination. Photographic candidates may have determined ideas on pictorial technique which can find satisfaction in the many activities and people about the College.