LAW TOPS SCHOOLS IN ENROLLMENT INCREASE

MORE ENGINEERING SCHOLARS ON HAND AFTER '35 FALL

Although figures for enrollment are not yet complete due to the usual late registrations, the University last night announced an enrollment of 7440 which represents an increase of 139 over last year's figure. As announced yesterday, 93 of these men were accounted for by the college alone.

This number falls short of reaching the 1933-34 mark by 27 students.

Of the numerous schools, the Medical, Dental, Law, and Business Schools, the School of Landscape Architecture, and the School of Public Health showed increases in registration over 1935.

The graduate enrollment in the Harvard School of Engineering which fell off last year upon recommendation by the faculty that men applying should obtain a broad education before beginning their study, increased this year from 77 to 83.

Following is a tabulation of figures for other graduate schools of the University:   1935-36  1934-35 Grad. Sch. of Arts and Sciences  598  650 School of Education  84  94 School of Architecture  39  45 Engineering School  102  110 Divinity School  43  46 Special Students  14  16 School of City Planning  8  10