The New Gen Ed Lottery System, Explained

Armed Individuals Sighted in Harvard Square Arraigned

Harvard Students Form Coalition Supporting Slave Photo Lawsuit's Demands

Police Apprehend Armed Man and Woman in Central Square

107 Faculty Called for Review of Tenure Procedures in Letter to Dean Gay

GOVERNMENT CONCERT IN SANDERS SATURDAY

PISTON AT HEAD OF COMMITTEE IN CHARGE OF WORK

When Ernst H. Hoffmann '18 mounts the platform of Sanders Theatre Saturday evening at 8 o'clock to conduct a performance of "By the Porta Catania" by W. Clifford Heilman '00, two graduates who have won international reputations will receive ovations from Harvard musical circles.

This symphony concert will also mark the first conduct that Harvard has had with the Committee on American Music, recently formed by the government, and under whose auspices the concert will be given.

Walter H. Piston, Jr. '24, assistant professor of Music, is first chairman of the Committee and the other College representative are Dr. Hugo Leichtentritt who was appointed Lecturer on Music last year and MR. Hellman who relinquished his professorship in 1930.

Mr. Hoffmann, who has been a pupil of Albert Spalding, graduated with honors at only 18. During the 13 years he spent in Germany, he gained prominence as a director of symphonies and operas. Upon his recent return to Boston, he was appointed by the Piston government committee as Director of Music for Boston.

The composer, Mr. Hellman, has had two degrees from Harvard: his A. B. with highest honors and an Honorary A. M., which he received shortly before he resigned in 1930 as a professor after 28 years of teaching.

Saturday's complete program includes:

Introduction to second act of "The King's children" by Humberdinck.

"By the Porta Catania," by Heilman Overture, "If I Were King," by Adam London Symphony by Haydn.