Cuteness Does Pay

LIKE John Gilbert. Charles Farrell, when the talkies came, failed to reveal a voice that matched the before vigor be displayed in winning silent becomes. When be made Seventh Heaven which Janet Caynor be become the darling of a million ladies. They wanted cuteness in love, they found in for a long time in Charbe Parrell and Janet Gaynor. Then Charlie did a talking picture version of Libom in a role that called for the bluff and tender in a man. His voice was too thin and without nuance.

Heidt of Musicians

FOR a long time Horace Heidt's orchestra stood internationally for college and California. A Beta at the University of California, Horace played guard on the football team until a back injury forced him out of the sport. He organized a band among his classmates was graduated in 1925, and has been a hit band leader since. Art Thorsen, player and vocalist in the band was a U of C. Kappa Delta Rho and glee club man 26, Jerry Browne trumpeteer and singer a U. of C. Phi Sigma Kappa 27, Warren Lewis, U. of C. 27. All three have remained with the Brigadiers through then smart career. Now Horace Herdit and the Brigadiers are heard over CBS every Thursday night for a half hour, and they still have plenty of dipper college spirit.