MERMEN AND GRAPPLERS HAVE SUCCESSFUL DAY

Swimmers Crush Gardiner Easily as Harvard Wrestlers Throw Brown Team in Weekend Meets.

With Charlie Hutter breaking the Pool record in the 220-yard freestyle event, the swimming team swept to an easy 58-16 win over the Greenwood Community Club of Gardiner, Saturday evening.

Harvard won all but two first places, losing only the 100-yard free-style after a nip and tuck battle between Donald McKay of Harvard and Eloranta of the visitors, and the 200-yard breast stroke, in which A. Dell nosed out Bob Heskett, Harvard merman. The team captured every second place.

Freshmen Drub Gardiner

The Freshmen swimming team sank Gardiner High 46-19 with a deluge of six first places Saturday afternoon.

Wrestlers Defeat Brown

In their second victory of the season the Wrestlers defeated a strong Brown team 20-10 in the Indoor Athletic Building on Saturday. Bill Glendinning, in the heavyweight class, upset Saklad, the New England champion, on a nine minute time advantage. Captain Stoddard defeated Zooloomian in the 135-pound class.

Freshmen Crush Brown

The Freshmen also scored their second victory, crushing the Brown yearlings 28-10.