Two New Assistants Appointed to Harlow's 1936 Football Staff

Fester and Crowther Continue Same Positions--Odell Will Succeed Mike Plam.

Neil Stahley, last fall's Freshman coach, and Howard Odell, former backfield coach at Pittsburgh, have been appointed field coach and backfield coach respectively on the Varsity football coaching staff for the 1936 season.

Harlow Remains at Helm

Dick, Harlow will remain head coach and Wes Fesler and Rae Crowther will continue as end coach and line coach. Announcement will be made later as to the make-up of the Jayvee and Freshman coaching staffs.

Stahley Was '39 Mentor

Stahley came here last fall as Freshman coach, after occupying the position of head coach at Delaware. Because he teaches the same method of play as Harlow there will undoubtedly be an important addition to Harlow's forces when the ex-Freshman players report for Varsity work next year.

Field Coach Makes New Position

The position of field coach did not exist last fall, but Stahley will act as general assistant to the head coach and will probably do the scouting for potential future stars among those who come up from the Freshman squad.

Odell former Pittsburg Star

Odell, who will succeed Myron H. Plam, played as a halfback at the University of Pittsburgh during the three seasons preceding his gradation in 1934, during which time he excelled in punting and passing. For the last two years he has been a backfield coach under Jock Sutherland. As the type of offensive practiced at Pittsburgh has recently been much the same as that at Harvard, it is expected he will it in very well.

Odell and Crowther are not at present in Cambridge.