The Path to Public Service at SEAS

Should Supreme Court Justices Have Term Limits? That ‘Would Be Fine,’ Breyer Says at Harvard IOP Forum

Harvard Right to Life Hosts Anti-Abortion Event With Students For Life President

Harvard Researchers Debunk Popular Sleep Myths in New Study

Journalists Discuss Trump’s Effect on the GOP at Harvard IOP Forum

THE PRESS

A SCHOOL FOR STATESMEN

Education for statesmanship is a new trend which was given impetus recently when announcement was made of Lucius N. Littauer's gift of $2,000,000 for a school of public administration at Harvard university.

Officials at the university will not be too quick to outline the courses and procedure for the course. President James B. Conant has named a commission which will make a study of several similar schools and make recommendations.

Among others, the group will investigate Wesleyan University's series of lectures on government by veteran politicians; Princeton's seminar among government activities and agencies in Washington; Massachusetts Institute of Technology's courses on "engineering for the nations's service"; and the projected federal university of public affairs.

The new course will probably embrace studies in city planning, public health, budget making, sanitary engineering, public housing and other topics vital to the general welfare which the public servant is supposed to serve. It should make an important contribution to the practicability of college training. Oklahoma Daily