CRIMSON SKIERS WILL RACE IN CONWAY THIS WEEKEND WITH CARTER

BRIGHT, LIVERMORE REPRESENT CRIMSON IN OLYMPICS

This weekend several members of the Ski Team will try to forget examinations for a while and take part in the Conway Carnival in New Hampshire where there will be downhill, slalom, cross country, and jumping events.

Among those entering are Captain Adams Carter, Dunbar Carpenter, Bill Loomis, Charley Rogers, and Hal White. The first three plan to enter all the events.

Carter and Loomis have spent a good part of the week skiing and getting physically fit for their exams. They have been using the jump at Berlin, New Hampshire in preparation for this Carnival, and also for the Williams Carnival to be held the following weekend.

Another group of skiers is going to Middlesex school tomorrow to get in a few practice jumps. Included in this bunch are Peter Brooks, Sidney Cobb, Dave Emerson, Colin Maclaurin, and Tom Motley.

Olympic Skiers

While Crimson skiers this side of the Atlantic are distinguishing themselves, two Harvard representatives are at Garmisch-Partenkirchen in Germany with the Olympic team, practicing up for the events which begin early next month.

These two men are Alexander H. Bright '19 and Robert Livermore, Jr. '32, both of the Hochgebirge Club.

Livermore in his undergraduate days is said to have skied downstairs and jumped out the door every morning on his way to classes, while Bright is famed as a wild man skier and takes long chances. He astonished everyone in Europe last year by his amazing speed.