$37,000 WORTH OF GIFTS GIVEN TO FOGG MUSEUM

PERSIAN POTTERY, ASIA MINOR TREASURES GAINED

Gifts of $37,467 to the Fogg Museum of Harvard University were announced today by Edward W. Forbes, Director, in his annual report. Accessions included nine small terra cotta heads from Asia Minor, dating from the first or second century B.C., a sixth-century Coptic frieze, and sixteen Roman Egypto-Roman terra cotta fligurines and fragments of Persian pottery.

Brussels Museum Gets Nicosthenes

"An interesting exchange was arranged between the Fogg Museum and the Royal Museums of Art and History, Brussels. This Museum owned an Attic black-figured amphora, complete except for a fragment bearing the signature of Nicosthenes. This fragment belonged to the Fogg Museum. At the suggestion of Professor Capart, the Director of the Royal Museums, the Fogg Museum gave the fragment to Brussels and received in return nine very interesting small terra cotta heads from Asia Minor, dating from the first or second century B.C.

Treasures From Budapest

Among the purchases were: from the Francis H. Burr Memorial Fund a Gandharan relief of the Birth of Budda; from the Alpheus Hyatt Purchasing Fund a sixth-century Coptic frieze; a Persian fresco from the Prichard Fund. From the Excavation Fund there was acquired twelve casts of Seythian and other objects in Budapest, and sixteen Roman and Egypto-Roman terra cotta figurines and fragments of Persian pottery were acquired from a temporary fund.