Ireland, Siam, Tibet, Ecuador, Florida Visited by Peabody Museum Groups

Scientific expeditions to Ireland, Siam, the Cameroon, Venezuela, the Tibeto-Indian border, Ecuador, Arizona, and Florida, were sent out last year by the Peabody Museum, and progress of the field work was reported today by Donald Scott, Director of the Museum.

During the year 2,000 varied specimens of anthropological interest and 16,000 pieces of pottery and small stone objects were added to the museum collections.

Four Years In Ireland

The Irish expedition, which has been in the field four years, and which is sponsored by the Peabody Museum and the Division of Anthropology at Harvard, has made important archaeological findings revealing the early history of the country, and has made intensive studies of the physical and social characteristics of the people.

In Ecuador, certain highland and riverdwelling Indian tribes were visited and studies were begun of their languages and racial origins. For two years the museum has participated in a pioneer investigation of the racial elements in eastern Tibet in an attempt to discover the nucleus of the Mongoloid type, and has recently returned the expedition to the important region for two more years of study.

Six Months In Florida

A six months' study of the Seminole Indians of Florida has been undertaken in order to obtain anthropological data and to make recommendations to the United States Indian Bureau. The Venezuela work, uncovering a field about which little is now known, has provided archaeological evidence of the relationship of the Indian tribes of the region and clues to the early history of South America.

In cooperation with the government of Siam, a Harvard expedition has just completed a two year survey of economic, medical, and anthropological conditions of the rural areas. The ruins of one of the largest known Indian pueblo villages in the southwest are being investigated by the Arizona expedition with the hope of revealing many secrets of American Indian history in that region. The racial