WEATHER IS FAVORABLE FOR EXCELLENT SKIING

Special Weekend Trains Will Leave Boston for Winter Sports Centers in New England

Another weekend of excellent skiing is prophesied by Old Man Winter of the Boston Transcript. The thermometer will stay below freezing in most of New England with a light snow forecast for today to give a good skiing surface.

The conditions on Mt. Washington yesterday listed a minimum temperature of minus four degrees, with the maximum only six points higher. There was 15 inches of snow on the summit, while the depth at Pinkham Notch was 46 1/2 inches.

Five Special Trains

No less than five special trains are leaving Boston for winter sports centers. A weekend Boston and Maine train is going to Lincoln, New Hampshire where there is 38 inches of snow, and 42 inches at Franconia Notch.

Sunday B and M trains will go to Lincoln, the Wilton Carnival in New Hampshire, and the Airo Ski jump.

The Boston and Albany will run a "Winter Sportsman" Sunday to Adams in the Mt. Greylock district. Skiing is good with a report of 18 inches of snow at Greenfield nearby.