College Comparative Poll on Current Events and Leading Political Questions Begins Tomorrow Throughout Harvard

Crimson Cooperates With New York Herald - Tribune in Conducting Questionnaire

Ballots asking the opinion of Harvard students on three leading questions of the current political situation will be distributed tomorrow morning in the Yard, the Union, and in the Houses. Similar votes will be taken on other questions in the first week of each month during the rest of the school year in cooperation with the College Division of the Herald-Tribune poll of public opinion.

The questions which are to be submitted tomorrow concern old age pensions, safe driving regulations, and the A. A. A.

With the re-election of President Roosevelt becoming more doubtful every day and with the vote of persons who will reach their majority in time for the next two elections of more importance than in most previous years, the CRIMSON has decided to join with the leading colleges of the Eard in ascertaining the opinions of college students on these interesting and important issues.

The results of the poll will appear in the CRIMSON Friday morning while the complied results of all the colleges will appear in the Monday issue. Only the replies from one question will be announced each week.

Other colleges taking part in the poll are Columbia, Cornell, Dartmouth, Pennsylvania, Princeton, Rutgers, Yale, Swarthmore, Barnard, Connecticut College, Mount Holyoke, Radcliffe, Smith, and Wellesley.

The questions as they will be presented tomorrow are printed below.

JANUARY 12

Are you in favor of GOVERNMENT OLD-AGE PENSIONS for needy persons?

If you voted "Yes" above, how much should be paid monthly to each single person $-? How much monthly to a husband and wife $-? What age should a person be to qualify for an old-age pension?

JANUARY 19

Are you in favor of the present administration's agricultural policy as embraced in the A. A. A. ?

JANUARY 26

As a means of reducing the number and severity of automobile accidents would you favor any of these measures? Please vote 'Yes' or 'No' on each measure.

Strict drivers' tests including regular physical and mental examinations.

Installation of "governors" in cars preventing speeds greater than 50 miles an hour.

More severe penalties for violations of traffic laws.

Special marking of cars whose drivers have been at fault in accidents.

Compulsory automobile liability insurance in every state.

Uniform traffic laws and regulations for all states.