COMMUTER FEES MAY BE PLACED ON TERM BILLS

TOTAL MEMBERSHIP AT PRESENT STANDS AT 130

Charges for membership in the Dudley Hall commuter center during the second half year may be credited on the term bill in accordance with a recent decision of University authorities, Peregrine White 2L, graduate secretary, announced yesterday.

New members of the non-resident student social order will be received after February 3 upon payment of a $5 fee, amounting to half the regular charge for the full year.

Open To All Commuters

As a further stimulus to membership, use of the Dudley Hall facilities will be available to all commuting students in the Colleges during the first week of the second half year, February 3-10, regardless of whether or not they are members of the center. After that time, use of the center will be strictly limited to members.

Although the total present membership in Dudley Hall stands at 130, it is expected that the new plan will bring about a large increase in applications. On the questionnaire circulated a year ago in an effort to solve the commuter questions, 220 students indicated a willingness to pay a $10 fee for the use of a center such as the one set up in Dudley Hall.

According to White, the graduate committee in charge accepts the present membership to be a fair number.