Harvard Freshman Is Not Surprised by What He Finds Here Although He Lives in Middle West

Had Heard Rumors About Radcliffe But Regrets to Say He Hasn't Yet Joined Coop

He also know what he was doing when he boarded the subway for Cambridge, but strange to say the appearance and dress of the Harvard man also strike him as "very interesting."

He snapped off the radio and looked up sharply, "Radcliffe? Just what is Radcliffe? l've heard about it, a school or something around here, isn't it?"

Perhaps he'll find out more about it later on.

"I come from Okiahoma, and I wanted to go to a college near a large city. I didn't pick Harvard because my father went here or because of its past. You have the great professors here, and you have the University tradition, and you have the future."

He doesn't consider himself a typical Harvard Freshman. He's not the Middle Western type, even though he comes from the Panhandle State.

Was East for a Year

He spent a year at an eastern school; the edges are rounded off, and he knows just where he's going and why. That's the way most of his classmates impress him.

And Harvard is just the way it should be. A little bit disorganized and non-committal, perhaps, but he didn't want a Yale or Princeton.

May Join Student Union.

For the present he's going to lie low and take a good look around before rushing into any extra-curricular activity. May join the Student Union later on, if he likes the platform, and will probably take up swimming in the winter. Other than that the first thing he's going to do is join the Coop; they don't have any in Oklahoma.

Like the interviewer's Radcliffe Freshman he's medium height and blonde though somewhat less heavy and less energetic looking.

His clothes fit him perfectly, and he has nothing about him that does not appear average and conservative.

In short, a typical Harvard Freshman.