VARSITY BOOTERS AND JUMBOS TANGLE TODAY

Bradley, Hastings to Start in Lineup Shift as Coach Carr Seeks Scoring Punch in Game Here

With a victory and a tie in two starts to its credit, the Varsity soccer team endeavors to keep on the winning side this afternoon in a 3 o'clock game here with Tufts.

Yesterday in their second practice session after the Brown game Saturday and final before today's encounter, the Crimson still looked ragged. Out-rushed during much of the game by the Bruins the Varsity lacks a scoring punch on the forward line and a fast and consistent halfback defense.

Newlin Hastings starts at outside in place of Don Sleeper Floyd Haskell and Bob White will probably see considerable service as substitutes for Dan Burbank who is still physically not at his best after illness last summer, while Bill Gray, having recovered from a concussion, is available as reserve for goalie Put Williams.

The Harvard lineup: g., Williams, r.f., Bradley; l.f., Powell; r.h., D. Burbank; c.h., R. Scott; l.h., Phillips; r.o., Hastings; r.i., Lewis; c., Harnden; l.i., Johansen; l.o., Wood (Capt.).

Starting time: 3 o'clock.