Snakes, Mohammed, and Music some Of Entertainment Bureau's Offerings

Student Office Lists Total of 16 Programs for Winter Hostess and Lecture Platform

From the spectacular point of view, snakes, fresh water fish, and birds of the Gaspe Peninsula probably dominate the social program as offered this winter by the Entertainment office of the Student Employment Bureau.

Yet these specialties ought perhaps to be considered merely as an example of the variety which 14 student leaders and three alumni have to offer the prospective hostess.

Lectures will assume a distinctly cosmopolitan tinge. At the head of the list appears a Mr. Fathalla K. Moston, of Nebraska University and an "old Iranian family", who can come prepared to speak on the development of Iran from a Medieval to a Modern State, or on Mohammed and the Koran.

The snake fancier is G. Edgar Folk, the authority on piscatorial problems William L. Rumsey, Jr., other lecturers are Theodore P. Theodorides on Greece, Karl Thayer Soule, Jr., on Mexico, Central America, and Haiti, and Duncan B.M. Emrich on Current Events.

In the categories of "Entertainments" and of "Music" anything may be found from a magician to a fencer, a Lyric Tenor to a Concert Planist. Curtis Beach, Ben Bar and others offer a marionette show; Kingsley Perry performs feats of ventriloquism.

Last (but not least) on the Bureau's circular come the jazz bands. Craig Huntting and his Orchestra "combine musical proficiency, an unexcelled library, an individuality of style, an expressiveness of interpretation and a rhythmic 'lift'", Jim Fuld's Promenaders are "a well-trained undergraduate dance orchestra with talent, enthusiasm, and wide experience", while Jack Ayer and the Gold Coast Orchestra "emphasize the use of special arrangements for more distinguished interpretations."