The Crimson Moviegoer

Pick Your Time of Arrival at the Current Showing and Miss "The Crime of Dr. Forbes"

Shirley Temple's latest picture, "Dimples", makes excellent fare for children under twelve years and repressed maiden ladies, but unless you fall into one of those two categories you probably won't be interested.

As the leader of a band of Bowery urchins who play harmonicas on street corners to pick up stray pennies, Miss Temple accidentally crashes the high society of the 1930's and finally ends up playing little Eva in "Uncls Tem's Cabin."

Naturally these varied occupations give her an opportunity to go into her song and dance routine, and while her dancing is uniformly good, her singing is decldedly bad.

With the exception of Frank Morgan and Stepin Fetchit, the supporting cast is mediocre. Given a difficult role as Shirley's light-fingered grandfather, Morgan plays with excellent restraint.

Hal Kemp and his orchestra are on the stage and also the usual number of semi vaudeville acts. Don't miss the man who rides the trick hicycle