CRIMSON KEYED UP FOR OPENER WITH AMHERST AT STADIUM TOMORROW

FRESHMEN WILL HAVE SCRIMMAGE AND CUT TODAY

Lord Jeffrey Amherst's forces will take possession of the Stadium this afternoon for a last rehearsal before they face the Crimson in tomorrow's curtain-raiser. This will be their first Cambridge invasion in 24 years.

Amherst arrives and sixty minutes of game experience under their belt, garnered in their clash with Hobart last Saturday. In that encounter, the Amherst backfield displayed some very flashy work, but were kept from going to town by a weak line.

Averaging 183 pounds, Lord Jeff's forward wall should not over-tax the seven men playing in Harlow's A line throughout this week, representing an average of 187 1/2. But with 22 lettermen to draw from, 12 of whom are halfbacks, the visitors are exepected to utilize a wide open attack, one that may prove very dangerous should the opposing lines turn out to be evenly matched.

Yesterday's Workout Light

But if detailed play-polishing can produce a strong attack, this week's work should have resulted in a coordinated Crimson advance that will compare favorably with the fancy steppers from Amherst.

In the punting drill, George Roberts and Mal McTernen continued their distance duel, neither halfback consistently outbooting the other. It now looks as though both will have a place in the starting backfield.

Cliff Wilson, by dint of better defensive play, ahs maintained a slight edge over Chief Boston, and will probably be the only Sophomore starter. Vernon Struck will undoubtedly complete the backfield quartet.

Fresh Scrimmage

Ending a week of drill on fundamentals Coach Henry Lamar sent the Freshmen through their first scrimmage yesterday. While several rough spots were apparent in the first contact work, another week's drill should polish the Yardling's offensive attack. After the drill, the first cut of the squad was made, to be followed by another soon.