DENNETT TO HEAD NEW PRO-ROOSEVELT GROUPS

Challenges Landon-Knox Forces Who "Don't Know What It's All About" to New Deal Debate

Opening a powerful Roosevelt campaign here, Harvard Democrats met last night with representatives from other Massachusetts colleges to map out their preliminary plans. They formed the University Porgressive Committees supporting Franklin D. Roosevelt '04.

A challenge for a New Deal debate was hurled at the Landon-Knox forces by Ray Dennett '36, newly elected statewide head. He characterized the Republican forces in the College as "reactionairies who don't know what it is all about" and freely prophesied a Democratic victory in the debate on the New Deal's constitutionality.

"In this debate, we expect to have a radio hook-up, provided the Landonites will accept. Of course, they can't bring in any ringers," he added. A rally just before the election is also planned.

Other Harvard men connected with the organization are Rolf Kaltenborn '37, chairman of the Harvard Committee, and W. P. Mitchell '40 and Frank Davidson '38.

Among the other colleges in the state participating in this "Roosevelt re-election" drive are M. I. T., Wellesley, Smith, Simmons, Mt. Holyoke, Wheaton, Tufts, Williams, Amherst, B. U. and B. C. Another meeting is planned for Sunday night.