HISTORY 1 BRACES TO WIN ENROLLMENT RACE

RECOUNT MAY REVISE STANDINGS AT LATER DATE

With final figures on all courses not yet available a check up yesterday showed that an eleventh hour spurt to History 1 has sent its enrollment up to 732, high enough to nose out Economics A at 713 for the title once more of "biggest" course.

The Economics course has risen steadily in popular favor during the last few years until it has actually threatened History 1's historic supremacy.

Government 1 Drops

At the same time that observers are noticing with pleasure the continued upward trend in this social science study, they are considerably disappointed by what has happened to Government 1.

Last year 644 students signed up for the introductory course to the Government field. At the present writing the number is well under 500.

This decline is hard to explain, since the curriculum has been reorganized on lines formed by student reaction in the past. Formerly the first half-year dealt solely with American forms of Government and the second with foreign brands. This year less space will be devoted to the United States.

Top enrollment in previous years for the "big three" courses was 830 for History 1 in 1934, 644 for Government 1 in 1935, and 658 for Economics A in 1925.