The Path to Public Service at SEAS

Should Supreme Court Justices Have Term Limits? That ‘Would Be Fine,’ Breyer Says at Harvard IOP Forum

Harvard Right to Life Hosts Anti-Abortion Event With Students For Life President

Harvard Researchers Debunk Popular Sleep Myths in New Study

Journalists Discuss Trump’s Effect on the GOP at Harvard IOP Forum

STUDENT UNION PLANS RESEARCH INTO LABOR

A. J. HIMELHOCH '38 IS IN CHARGE OF COMMITTEE

Plans for an investigation of the working conditions of labor in Cambridge were laid last night by the Labor Relations Committee of the Student Union. Results of the survey will be published next spring in a pamphlet.

Heads of several unions in Cambridge will be interviewed by the members of the committee, including the International Ladies Garment Workers Union and the United Rubber Workers. In addition the files of the Sociology Department of the University will be utilized.

Himelhoch in Charge

Heading the committee is A. Jerome Himelhoch '38. The group which will look into conditions in the Garment Workers Union is comprised of Sherman J. Maisel '39, Philip Kazon '39, Hugo Munsterberg '39, and Joseph M. Periman '40.

The other group includes William A. Salant '37, Douglas S. Blaufarb '39, and Arthur M. Wales '40.

What practical results will be forth-coming from the investigations were not disclosed by the members of the committee, but the pamphlets are expected to be of considerable use to Cambridge unions, according to the members of the committee.