300 Students, Under Progressive Club Aegis, to Hear Roosevelt Boston Talk

Students Will Parade with Banners on Common Before Presidential Special

Between 300 and 400 Harvard students will go into Boston this afternoon to hear President Roosevelt deliver a campaign address on the Boston Common, according to an announcement by Raymond L. Dennett 1L, chairman of the University Progressive Committee, supporting the President for reelection.

The Harvard group plans to join with students from the colleges of Greater Boston at 8.30 o'clock in front of the Park Street entrance of the subway and then parade with banners to the spot from which the President will speak.

This evening when the Chief Executive speaks from Worcester over a national radio hook-up, Dennett, who is state chairman of the University committees of the Progressive Committee, will be on the platform with Roosevelt and Mary Curley Donnelly.

The Harvard Democrats will not be caught napping, either, they claim. The Democratic clubs plan to get out a large crowd of enthusiastic New Dealers to cheer the President's car as it passes through Harvard Square at about 4.30 o'clock after the speech on the Common.

Roosevelt is scheduled to arrive in Boston close to 4 o'clock after driving up from New Bedford and southern cities with Governor Curley. His address will be made from his automobile drawn up on a special platform on the Charles Street Mall.

After the Common address, which will be broadcast, the presidential caravan swings across the river, through Central and Harvard Squares and on out Mount Auburn Street to Worcester. Elaborate police precautions have been taken to guard both the Common during the talk, and the entire route to be followed by the President.

The President's tour of New England, considered probable Republican territory, comes at the same time his rival, Governor Alfred M. Landon, is campaigning in California which has been put in the Democratic column by many observers. Landon is due to make a swing back over the entire country before election, and the President yesterday intimated that he might undertake a final tour of Pennsylvania and Ohio with a major speech in Indiana.