BIG DANCE PLANNED ON DARTMOUTH WEEK-END

HARVARD AND DARTMOUTH MEN APPOINTED USHERS

As the weekend of the Dartmouth game approaches, an increasing interest is being shown in various pre and post game social activities. Perhaps one of the most popular of the events to be held at this time will be the Crimson-Green Ball which is being given for the benefit of the Boston Dispensary at the Hotel Somerset on Friday night.

Twelve ushers have been chosen from both Harvard and Dartmouth. The Harvard ushers include John Allen '39, Gaspar G. Bacon Jr. '37, Donald W. Baker '37, Frederick P. Barrett '37, Joseph A. Bloombergh '37, John B. Bowditch '37, H. Shippen Goodhue '38, Arnett McKenuan '37, Neil G. Malone '37, Douglas Mercer '40, Henry P. Roosevelt '39, William H. Schmidt, 2nd '37 and Charles M. Storey '37.

There will be continuous music from 10 to 4 furnished by Hudson-DeLange and Jack Marshard. The Hudson-DeLange orchestra has gained a wide reputation as a top notch "swing" band. Will Hudson is the composer of "The Organ-Grinder Swing", "Mr. Ghost Goes to Town", "Tormented", "You're Not the Kind", and many other such popular pieces--all of which the band features. Jack Marshard, currently playing at Seller's Ten Acres, is well known around Boston as a society dance favorite.

The advance sale of tickets indicates that the newly decorated Louis XIV room at the Somerset will be thronged by many Harvards and Dartmouths choosing this occasion to relax.