NEE MOVES TO TACKLE AS COACHES LOOK FOR ADDED LINE STRENGTH

DAUGHTERS OUT WITH LEG INJURY SUFFERED MONDAY

The New Deal continued on the Varsity grid team yesterday afternoon, as Dick Harlow reshuffled Joseph F. Nee '38 from guard to tackle. Nee was a starting guard on the 1935 eleven, but was moved to tackle in spring practice.

Reason for this shift was the obvious weakness displayed by the tackle squad in the Army game. When Jim Gaffney was moved to guard after the Brown clash, only three tackles of starting calibre remained: Al Kevorkian, the only member of the squad reasonably certain to start against Yale in this position, Mike Adlis, and Ken Booth.

Tom Choate was advanced to the Varsity squad at the same time but has had very little experience. Spring and Schmidt, completing the list of tackles, have also seen almost no Varsity service. Although Kevorkian and Booth will probably receive the first call against the Green on Saturday, Nee will undoubtedly be an active reserve.

Don Daughters suffered a leg injury in Monday's scrimmage, and will be benched for the remainder of the week.

Team A lineup remained the same as on Monday. Team B: Winter and Smith, ends; Choate and Nee, tackles; Klein and Glueck or Allen, guards; Russell, center; Ford, Boston, Watt, Oakes and Stuart, backs.