NEE, STARTER IN YALE GAME, RAISED TO A TEAM

HARD SCRIMMAGE, PASS DEFENSE MARK PRACTICE

Completing a spectacular rise from the ranks. Joe Nee was yesterday promoted to Dick Harlow's A team, taking his place at right tackle.

Nee was shifted to tackle from guard only two days ago, but the doubtful physical condition of Ken Booth, plus Nee's driving work in practice all week caused the coaches to move him up yesterday. It is considered extremely likely that Nee will start Saturday against Dartmouth. He developed very slowly last year, but towards the end of the season broke into the A squad and started against Yale.

Another hard scrimmage against Dartmouth plays and passes featured the practice yesterday. The contact work is now over for the week.

Again Harlow is devoting much of his time to pass defense to prepare for the expected "flying circus" that Dartmouth is known to have. In particular the Crimson defense will watch the work of one Hollingworth, a Green back, who is reported to have all of Monk Meyer's better qualities.

Every man on the squad was on the field, but Don Daughters, Mike Adlis, and Booth were kept out of contact work. The A team lined up as follows:

Green, l.e., Kevorkian, l.t., Gaffney, l.g., Jones, c., Kessler, r.g., Nee, r.t., Staples, r.e., Wilson, q., Brooks, r.h., Roberts, l.h., Struck, f.

Watching the team practice yesterday was Lee Wilson, father of Woodrow Wilson, the Army back who contracted pneumonia in Saturday's game. Mr. Wilson flow up from Texas on learning of his son's condition. The West Point star was about the same yesterday.

Second Freshmen Win

Meanwhile the Second Freshman team defeated the M.I.T. Sophomore squad, 18-12 yesterday in a close, hard-fought game. With the count all tied up at 12 all in the fourth period, Lutz intercepted an Engineer pass on the Crimson 30-yard line, and coasted up to the M.I.T. 20. At that point he flipped a lateral to Roosevelt, who went over for the winning score.