GRID SQUAD FACES INDIAN INVASION IN HOPEFUL SPIRITS

Series of 42 Games Includes 10 Wins for Dartmouth -- Last Two Scalps Take by Hanoverians

Varsity practice in the Stadium will be open to all undergraduates this afternoon at 3 o'clock upon presentation of a bursars card.

There is no defeatest complex harboring in the Crimson squad. A hard, snappy practice session yesterday gave proof of that.

In a highly successful passing drill in dummy scrimmage against a Jayvee team, the A eleven once again displayed the pep and drive that was familiar in pre-Army days. Both players and coaches feel that the team gained valuable seasoning experience in the unfortunate West Point incident, and are entertaining hopes bordering upon convictions that the visitors from Hanover will receive a much warmer reception on Saturday than a 32-0 drubbing on the previous game day would seem to indicate.

42 Harvard-Dartmouth Games

Forty-two games have been played in the Harvard-Dartmouth series, in which only 10 Crimson scalps have been lost. There were three ties. The first clash was in 1882, a 53-0 romp for the sons of Cambridge, and it wasn't until 1903 that the Hanoverians chalked up their first win--a 11-0 battle framous as the first ever staged in the Stadium.

Since 1930, the games have all been very close, none being won by more than one touchdown. The Dartmouth Indian will whoop into the Stadium tomorrow with two consecutive victories under his belt, and will field three veterans who have played in both of these 10-0 and 14-6 ambushes. They are captain and right tackle Gordon Bennett, an all-American of two years standing, Carl Ray, and John Handrahan.

The Dartmouth squad arrives in Cambridge late this afternoon, and will go through a brief warming-up drill upon their arrival. They will spend the night at the Belmont Country Club.

The starting lineup for the game will be: l.e., Green, l.t., Kevorkian, l.g., Gaffney, c., Jones, r.g., Kessler, r.t., Nee, r.e., Staples, q.b., Wilson, l.h.b., Roberts, r. h.b., Brooks, f.b., Struck.

Jayvees Face Indians

A reputedly formidable junior varsity eleven from Hanover will grab for Crimson Jayvee scalps this afternoon at 2:30 o'clock. Harvard starters are: l.e., Jameson, l.t., Schmidt, l.g., Baum, c., Rick Hedblom, r.g., Tufts, r.t., Barkin, r.e., Knapp, q.b., Jerome, l.h.b., Kelly, r.h.b., Houghton, f.b., Cohen