RADCLIFFE WANTS MEN FOR IDLER CLUB PLAY

Search Under Way for Real Talent for "Romantic Young Lady," Offering of Dramatic Group

Harvard students are being canvassed by members of the Radcliffe Idler Club, the dramatic club of the college, in order to get men to fill the male roles. In past years they have been able only to secure second-rate artists for their play, but this year a determined effort is being made to find men of real talent.

Tryouts for their play, "Romantic Young Lady" which will be produced on Thursday and Friday, November 20 and 21, will be held in Agassiz Hall on Thursday, October 29 from 3 to 5 o'clock, and Friday, October 30 from 2 to 5 o'clock.

Kermit Murdock, Harvard '29, who studied at the Yale School of Drama, will direct the play. The "Romantic Young Lady" is a Spanish comedy translated into English by Helen and Granville Barker.

The author of the play, G. Martinez Sierra, has also written the "Cradle Song," which had a year's run in New York and was produced in the movies.

There are two male character parts and four juvenile male roles including the lead.

Copies of the play will be placed in Widener for those who wish to study the play before trying out.