Henry Fellowships for Unmarried Americans Offer a Year of Study in Cambridge or Oxford

Preference Given to Seniors, First Year Graduates; Blanks Due December 15

Five Fellowships are available this year for Students who would like to spend the year 1937-38 travelling or in either Cambridge or Oxford Universities.

Applications are due on December 15 for the Charles and Julia Henry Fund Fellowship, which was founded in 1931 by the will of Lady Julia Henry "in the earnest hope and desire of cementing the bonds of friendship between the British Empire and the United States."

Seven Henry Fellowships are open to unmarried American citizens, men or women, and preference is given to applicants who are in their last year of undergraduate work or who have just started upon graduate work in a recognized College or University in the United States. They will be tepable for one year at Cambridge or Oxford, and will have the value of 500 pounds each. Women may apply for any branch of these Universities which regularly admits women.

Each candidate must submit evidence of distinction in some recognized branch of learning, as well as a definite plan of study for his year at Cambridge or Oxford.

The American Committee of Management consists of President Conant, Dean Hanford, and Jerome D. Greene from Harvard, and President Angell, Provest Charles Seymour, and Carl A. Lohmann of Yale. It will consider only those candidates who receive no other such aid, and who are prepared to give their whole time to the objects of the Fellowship: study, social intercourse with students, and travel.

Applications may be obtained at the Office of the Secretary to the Corporation of Harvard University and must be returned there by December 15. It is hoped to announce the awards in February.

Other Fellowships for foreign study are the Fiske Scholarship for Cambridge University, the application for which is due April 1: the Lionel de Jersey Harvard Fellowship at Emmanuel College, Cambridge, applications due March 31; the Henry Russell Shaw Travelling Fellowship, candidates for which are nominated by the various departments; and the Frederick Sheldon Prize Fellowships, for four men, for which nominations are also made by the various departments.