LEWIS AND SHARPE SUCCEED HINDMARSH IN FACULTY POSTS

Authority on Oriental Affairs Will Devote Time to Research in Field; Successors Keep Old Duties

Geoffrey W. Lewis '30 and Russell T. Sharpe '28 have taken over the duties of Dean Albert E. Hindmarsh, who has resigned to devote more of his time to research. Hindmarsh was Dean of the Records office and Secretary of the Faculty.

Sharpe Takes Over Scholarships

Sharpe has charge of scholarships while he still continues as head of the Student Employment Office. Dean George F. Plimpton '14 will continue to have general supervision of both these duties.

Lewis, who has been Dean of Juniors and Seniors for the past three years, will continue in that capacity. At the same time he will be Dean of Records which embraces the job as secretary of the Faculty. Likewise, he continues his work in handling the affairs of extra-curricular activities, of the clubs, and outside associations. He is also a proctor in Grays Hall and a section man in History 1.

Hindmarsh to Study

Hindmarsh, who is an authority on affairs in Japan and in the East generally, will devote his time to additional research in those fields.