KNAPP ELECTED JAYVEE HEAD; ROBERTS RAISED

ROBERTS MAY START BECAUSE OF PUNTING ABILITY

Peter H. Knapp '37, of Syracuse, New York, was elected captain of the Junior Varsity football team Tuesday afternoon at the regular practice session. Knapp, who plays left end, prepared at St. George's, and was also a member of the Rugby Team.

Yesterday he led the Jayvees to a 7-7 tie in an informal game with Northeastern at Soldiers Field. Although the Crimson got off to an early lead when a 25 yard pass from Bob Burnett to Foley was completed, paving the way for a score a few minutes later by Foley. Northeastern tied it up in the third period by an 80 yard run, following an intercepted lateral.

Meanwhile the Varsity, hampered by frost in its early morning Armistice workout, devoted most of its time to pass offense and defense. Yesterday George Roberts broke into the A team line up again replacing Art Oakes who takes his place on the B squad.

The indications now are that Roberts will start against Annapolis Saturday, chiefly, it is believed, because the coaching staff wants to have a better than average punter in the lineup at the start.

Harlow experimented with new backfield combinations in the drill and came up at the end with two new ones. The first is composed of Boston, Roberts, Stuart, and Struck and the second is made up of Wilson, Oakes, McTernen, and Watt.