VARSITY CLUB HOST TO OLD ATHLETES AT DINNER TONIGHT

Speakers, Will Include Gone Tunney, Bill Bingham, Dick Harlow, and Tom Bolles

More than 150 former Harvard athletes will assemble in the Harvard Varsity Club tonight for the annual club dinner which has attracted more interest than any previous annual gathering of H men. The dinner has been arranged by Richard C. Floyd '11, president of the Club, who has named Leo H. Leary '05 as the toastmaster and has arranged for an excellent list of speakers including Gene Tunney, former heavyweight boxing champion; William J. Bingham, Richard C. Harlow, and Thomas Bolles, newly appointed head coach of Harvard rowing.

Tops Last Year

The dinner coming as it does on the eve of the Harvard-Navy football game when many former Harvard athletes will be in Boston for the game promises to exceed in number the dinner tendered by the Varsity Club a year ago last spring when the former H men welcomed Dick Harlow to Cambridge. The response from the old athletes has been so heavy that Mr. Floyd is presently concerned with his seating arrangements.

Officers

The Varsity Club officers in addition to President Floyd are: Thomas H. Bilodeau '37, Vice President; George Owen, Jr. '23, Secretary-Treasurer; James J. Gaffney '37, Robert B. Watson '37, G. Peabody Gardner, Jr. '10, Edgar N. Wrightington '98, and Delmar Leighton '27, Executive Committee Members.