JAYVEE GRIDDERS WILL MEET NAVY'S SECONDS AT NOON HERE TODAY

HARVARD HAS STRONG RESERVES FOR LINE POSITIONS

In their closing home game, the Jayvees will face a strong Navy team at 12 o'clock noon today.

The Navy seconds come to Cambridge with an undefeated record and with confidence that they will leave Soldiers Field with this record unbroken. Thus far, they have met and defeated two-thirds of the "Ivy League," scoring 19 points in each game. Against Yale, their defense was point-proof, and was penetrated for only one touchdown in the Princeton clash.

The Harvard Jayvees can also claim a position in the undefeated ranks, although two of their three games have been ties. In their season opener, they fought for a scoreless 60 minutes with Providence. They completely redeemed this performance, however, when they scalped a highly favored Dartmouth contingent 6-0. In this game, Nicholas Mellen, playing guard, blocked a punt which was recovered by Harvard for the touchdown.

Last Wednesday, the Crimson eleven played an informal game with Northeastern Freshmen, and were held 7-7. The first half ended 7-0 in favor of the Jayvees. While on what seemed to be a touchdown march in the third period, Northeastern intercepted a lateral pass for an 80-yard gain, and pushed over the goal in the next few plays.

Reserve linemen are Ben and Herbert Smith at ends; Dave Gardner, Bill Giles and Bill Glendinning at tackles; Henry Baum at guard; and Dan Cheever at center.

The game will be played on the Junior Varsity field, admission 55 cents or an H. A. A. coupon.