Sophomore Editorial Composers, Sophomore and Freshman Men of Business to Enter Crimson Competitions Tomorrow

Year of College Life Broadens Outlook and Knowledge of Editorial Man

Because responsibility and a knowledge of Harvard life which Freshmen cannot possess are necessary for the construction of editorials, this board of the CRIMSON is open only to men of the Sophomore class. The lightness of the work in comparison with the routine of the News Board is balanced by an insistence upon completeness of material and a well-informed point of view. As a result, time that would on the News Board be spent chasing stories must be devoted to research into the workings of the University and discussion with the higher-ups of the possibility of improving it.

Eight weeks is the normal length of the competition, but men of outstanding ability are often admitted after a shorter period has elapsed. Members of the Editorial Board make every effort in the early weeks of the competition to weed out those candidates who lack any particular promise, so that the time wasted by both the editors and the neophytes is kept at a minimum.