EMPLOYEES THINK NEW PENSIONS UNNECESSARY

Feel That Harvard Is a Good Employer and That They Will Be Taken Care of By University

Employees of the University, soon to be included in a pension plan which has been under consideration for over two years, feel that the new plan will make very little difference to them.

"Harvard is a good employer", said one of the night watchman who has been connected with the University for over 25 years. "If anything happens to you, you know your family will be taken care of, and anyone that's been here sometime is usually provided for when he resigns. Personally I think we'd be just as well off under the present system, without any pension plan."

It is thought likely that when the pensions are extended to all employees, a general pay increase, covering the amount a man would have to contribute, would be instituted, so that despite their contribution employees would receive approximately the same salary they are new receiving.

A night superintendent of one of the Houses expressed himself as being in favor of a credit union plan similar to the one in effect at Fileno's and other department stores. By this system an employee is able to secure a life insurance policy at a greatly reduced premium, and also may voluntarily deposit part of his weekly savings and receive a greater amount of interest than a bank can pay on similar deposits.