STUDENT COUNCIL SCHOLARSHIPS GO TO CULVER, GIBSON

True, Harlow, Spring, Hirshberg Among First Upperclassmen to Gain From $1300 Council Funds

Perry James Culver '37, of Exeter, New Hampshire, and Charles Colmery Gibson '37, of Atlanta, Georgia, were two of six upperclassmen named as Student Council Scholarship winners after a meeting of the Council in University Hall last night.

Culver is chairman of the Lowell House Committee and has held the position of undergraduate intramural sports manager. Gibson is also a House chairman, in Dunster, while his other activities include membership on the editorial board of the Senior Album.

Four others shared in the total award of $400. De Witt S. True '39 makes his home in West Roxbury, A. Mason Harlow '38 in Concord, Graham K. Spring '37 in New Britain, Connecticut, and Edgar W. Hirshberg '38 in Cambridge.

Heading the Student Council committee that made the recommendations, Walter H. Page '37 received assistance from Neil G. Malone '37 and John L. Dampeer '38.

With the awarding of the first $400, there is a remainder of $900 at the disposal of the Council. One third of this sum comprises the Ames Scholarship, given by Mrs. Robert Ames, of Wayland, in memory of the late Richard G. Ames '34 and Henry R. Ames '38.

This scholarship which may be divided among two or three students or go to a single recipient, awaits the return of Mrs. Ames from Europe next month before its allocations.