A SEASON OF ACTION

The story of the football team that faced Yale on Saturday is one of a team that deserves to go down in the annals of Harvard football with the best that have worn the Crimson jerseys. Others have been more glamorous, and more famous for rolling up imposing scores, and there have been individual figures that have made gridiron history; but there have not been many teams that have showed more consistent improvement, or more unfailing courage and spirit in their major games.

It is customary to judge the success of a season by the actual record, that of the team of 1936 does not tell the whole story. An uphill struggle from the time it was announced that certain key players would not be eligible this fall; the constant work on the fundamentals of blocking and tackling; and speed and timing, which resulted in long touchdown marches in the Princeton, Navy, and Yale games; and especially the development of team morale and fighting spirit--these are the factors which do not appeal in the record, but which made the season of Captain Gaffney and Coach Harlow and their men unquestionably a success.