STRONG SQUAD RETURNS FOR WINTER RACQUETS

Wealth of Squash Players Return for League Play With No Outstanding Stars Among Them

The recently instituted 1936-37 squash season is now in full swing. The prospects for the Varsity are good, despite the fact that E. Rotan sargent, Richard W. Gilder, and Germaine G. Glidden, the latter being both the National and Intercollegiate champion, have graduated. It appears that the Varsity will have no particular individual stars, but a strong team.

Last year the team was runner-up in the National Championship. This year there is a possibility that the squad might repeat that performance or even improve upon it. Assistant Coach Barnaby thinks the chances are excellent with material like Captain Richard M. Dorson '37, Alvah W. Sulloway '38, John C. Develin '38, Daniel E. Burbank, Jr. '37, Robert O. Easton '38, Peter F. Cunningham '39, and George B. Blake '39, who as captain of the 1939 team went through the entire season undefeated.

This year there's bound to be a lot of competition among those low on the list, with all trying to improve.

The 1940 team is shaping up pretty well. In general they've got ability, but not the experience. What they need is a great deal of practice. The power of the Yardlings cannot be accurately determined, for it is not known how many of the candidates are going out for hockey. On the squad, the outstanding men are easily Kim de S. Canavarro, and Silas W. Howland.