Dick Degener And Marshall Wayne Practice in Harvard Pool for Boston Show Of Aquatic Skill

Turn Professional to Tour Nation; Intricate Twists and Turns Amaze Students

As guests of Swimming Coach Harold Ulen, some of the world's most prominent swimmers and divers went through their maneuvers in the Harvard pool yesterday. For an hour they entertained those lucky enough to be present, with every type of high and fancy dives.

Most outstanding was Dick Degener, graduate of the University of Michigan in 1935, intercollegiate high diving champion for three years, and Olympic springboard diving champion, crowned in Berlin in 1936: He has since turned professional, as have all the others who are appearing with him in the aquatic show at the Arena.

Next was Marshall Wayne, Olympic high diving champion 1936, and also National champion. To add humor to their exhibitions of steel nerve. Bill Lewin, self-admittedly the world's funniest water comedian, does a few turns of his own. With Art Phillips, nine years holder of the Canadian and British Empire diving titles, he does a complicated dive that is supposed to be representative of a man riding a horse.

At the pool, also, was Ben Gazelle, Canadian back stroke and free style and British Empire back stroke record holder.

At the Arena show, are ten other kingpins of acquatics. Among the women are: Georgia Coleman. 1932 Olympic holder of the high diving title: Dorothy Peynton Hill. 1932 and 1936 Olympic diving queen: Jane Fauntz Mauske, who placed third in the Olympic high diving in 1932: Lenore Kight, holder of sixteen different world's swimming records, from one mile down to 100 yards, and Josephine McKim.

The men include: Leonard Spence, world's fastest medley swimmer: Art Highland and Art Liudregreu, both of whom placed in the Olympics in the 100 metre free style; and Macila Kailt from Honolulu, national champion in the 100 meters and 220 yards sprints in 1935.