GYMNAST AND TUMBLING SESSIONS ARE REVIVED

Volley Ball Period Successful, Will Be Continued Throughout Winter Months

Restored after a three years absence, gymnastic and tumbling sessions are being revived at the Indoor Athletic Building. Numerous requests from men who participated in these sports at prep school have led to the creation of regularly scheduled periods for this work.

On Monday, Wednesday, and Friday afternoons from 2:00 to 3:00 o'clock classes have been scheduled in apparatus work. Instruction on the rings, high and parallel bars and the buck will be offered. An opportunity for work in tumbling is available on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons at the same hour.

This work will be under the supervision of David Hyde, recently appointed instructor in Physical Education. Hyde attended Springfield College where he was a member of the tumbling team.

Though there has been no university gym team since 1922, classes in gymnastics were held until three years ago, when an attempt was made to revive interest in inter-college competition. Three informal meets were held in 1933, but were not continued the following year.

At the beginning of the college year last September volley ball sessions were introduced. These were held from 2.00 to 3.00 o'clock in the special exercise room and proved to be successful. They will be continued throughout the winter months on a special court on the top floor of the Athletic Building. Held at the same hour as previously, they are open to freshmen as compulsory athletics.