WRESTLERS WILL HOLD MATCH FINALS TODAY

Three Varsity and Three Freshman Posts Will Go to Winners of Today's Matches

Featured by many hard struggles and upsets, the wrestling elimination tournament in preparation for the opening match with M.I.T. next Saturday enters its final stages today.

Five of the eight places on the Varsity have already been decided in the first two days of the three day elimination period, while the 126 pound and the 165 pound divisions will stage their final bouts today. The 155 pound class still has two bouts left featuring Henry M. Kidder, Jr. '38, William A. Gosline '38 and Paul M. Glendinning '38.

Other varsity men who have already won the right to meet Tech wrestlers, include Harvey M. Ross '39 in the 118 pound division, Captain Bill Cavin '37 in the 145 pound class, David S. Glueck in the 175 pound class, and William T. Glendinning '38 in the unlimited division. An important bout today will find Lorrin E. Woodman '38 meeting Gerard J. Piel '37 for the 165 pound post left vacant by the injury of Donald P. Armstrong '37, a star of three years standing.

Four of the seven places on the Freshman team have already been determined, while today will see the finals in the 126 pound, the 155 pound, and the 165 pound class. Arthur W. Page at 135 pounds, Paul E. Illman at 145 pounds, Howard T. Lewis at 175 pounds, and George P. Gardner 3rd, in the unlimited class, will all meet Tech.