MILLION LEFT COLLEGE FOR JOURNALISM IN U. S.

HUSBAND WAS FOUNDER OF THE MILWAUKEE JOURNAL

Over a million dollars has been left to Harvard by the will of Mrs. Agnes Wahi Neiman "to promote and elevate the standards of journalism in the United States and educate persons deemed especially qualified for journalism."

Milwaukee "Journal" Founder

Mrs. Neiman is the widow of the late Lucius W. Neiman, founder of the Milwaukee, Wisconsin, "Journal". Her will was filed here yesterday with a gift to Harvard "in excess of one million dollars", one of the largest, individual bequests ever received by the College.

The late Mr. Neiman did not attend Harvard College or the graduate schools; further, there are no courses in Journalism in the curriculum of the College.

No School of Journalism

It was learned unofficially in University Hall yesterday that no School of Journalism would be established, but that the money would be used to foster courses allied to the subject of Journalism, prize contests in Journalism, scholarships, and fellowships.

A lawyer's confirmation of the bequest was received yesterday afternoon, but the exact amount of the bequest had not been determined, estimates varying from one to three million dollars.