300 Words a Minute

STOOGING for Gracie Allen, one of Ted Hu numerous radio chores, is at best confining ness for the man whose tongue and quick eye been ten years behind the mike. When given scope, as it is during the football season and in clubs, the tongue wins bordes of admirers s liberally with enemies. For example, when Ted Minnesota's 35 first stringers might be bench was at Princeton, or some such. Or when he t forked retort off-duty at critics or anyone else brushes with the man who has been ten years be the mile.

No keener or curate eye has cau football game. His come at the rate of minute. Wherever a phone can be ta high places and throughout the nation has taken it, do glasses, and cast a glance at the doings. events, sports, specta all have been quick for his uninterrupted glossy announcer's technique.

Six feet, 168 pounds, he has played both prof baseball and football, and can be a greater pmenace than one would think when he br frequently. Ted was born in Deming, New but he is a graduate of Stuyvesant high school Columbia University in New York. In high sch was a slim but alert center on the eleven, and an all city rating.

He was a furniture salesman temporarily words that really sell when he decided to try on radio announcer. He went into an audition in York, decided he wanted the job, but there exactly 608 other applicants.

Ted, of course was chosen. The Camel Ca has brought him to the mike on Tuesday and T nights for a long time. Lately he has had a radio of his own-to tell of his ten years behind the College men during those ten years have learned be can do in letting them know just how their Maters are faring of a Saturday afternoon.