The New Gen Ed Lottery System, Explained

Armed Individuals Sighted in Harvard Square Arraigned

Harvard Students Form Coalition Supporting Slave Photo Lawsuit's Demands

Police Apprehend Armed Man and Woman in Central Square

107 Faculty Called for Review of Tenure Procedures in Letter to Dean Gay

The Crimson Moviegoer

"Dangerous" Starring Bette Davis and Franchot Tens is Especially Recommended

By C. E. G. jr.

Unusual Bette Davis who has brought independence and originality as well as ability and beauty to the screen again defies Hollywood tradition in "Dangerous", playing a role, typical yet new.

Plentiful enough are the "bad boys" of the screen, but in a fashion-parade Hollywood Bette Davis alone dares to strip herself of glamour, to forget camera-angles, and rely on ability alone to succeed in unattractive roles.

The plot, more unusual because of its interpretation than its content, concerns itself with a young architect (Franchot Tone) who reclaims from drunken oblivion a once great actress (Bette Davis). Though already engaged Tone finds himself falling in love with Miss Davis and breaks his engagement. The issue however, is complicated by the presence of Miss Davis' former husband. A very unusual conclusion defies the custom of happy endings: seeming to be dictated by a sense of justice and duty, more real than Hollywood fantasy. We especially recommend this picture and Miss Davis' interpretation of a drunken derelict in particular.

"Whipsaw", a happy modification of the G man type of picture, finds a greatly modulated Spencer Tracy, still cocky and assertive but minus the usual swagger and braggadocio. Myrna Loy, playing opposite him, also appears in a more appealing role than is her wont. In itself this picture would offer sufficient reason for attending the University this week.