VARSITY QUINTET TO MEET COLUMBIA IN CLASH TONIGHT

During Past Week Entire Team Has Played Best Basketball of Current Season

In what may seem on the surface to be a forlorn hope, the Varsity quintet will make a strong bid to tame the Columbia Lions on the New York courts tonight. A return game will be played here Saturday.

Although on paper the Crimson hasn't one chance in fifty of upsetting the League leaders, actually the Feslermen's chances are the best this year. Bill Gray, who was off his game in the Tiger encounter last Saturday, has been turning in stellar performances at practice and is expected to lead the Lions a merry chase. About the only disadvantage for Harvard will be the loss of Dick Wills, out with a cold, from his guard post.

Crimson Potential League Threat

In reality Harvard had the edge over the Tigers Saturday, but was unfortunate in that Gray failed to provide his customary spark. During the past few days the team as a whole has functioned better than at any time this season, for the first time showing itself as a potential threat to League leaders.

For his starting lineup, Coach Wes Fesler will have George Lowman and Louis McGowan in the forward berths, Bill Gray at center, and Vernon Struck and Jack Dampeer at the guard posts. Besides these five, Captain Leavy White, Ray Lavietes, Art Snell, Jake Kuhn, and either Jack Mason or Bill Shirk will make the trip.